Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why I hate people

I think that one of the perks of being a stay at home mom is that I should be able to go shopping on a Tuesday afternoon without having to beat my way through a throng of humanity. Hollis and I went to the big W after storytime today and you would have thought people were preparing for the second coming. Seriously, where is a recession when you need one? Not much aggravates me more than shopping carts parked in the middle of the aisle. Today, I had to deal with that and people clogging up every available free space AND staff setting up new displays. Really, was this the best time to make that change? As Hollis and I cruised down a less crowded aisle, a wine delivery person was unloading boxes and stacking bottles on the shelf. Since I had the ricketiest cart in the store, I am sure he heard me coming, but did he stop to let me by? NO. He just keep unloading his bottles until I was standing right in front of him. Even though he is over the weight limit by like seven pounds, I had made Hollis sit in the cart, because frankly, Walmart makes me nervous with its huge space and every which way aisles. He was dying to get down, but I am sure he would have been trampled to death by some old lady racing for the last box of strawberry jello. I finally let him get out and walk around the toy department, which was strangely uncrowded. He was disappointed that there were only eight aisles of toys. What does it say about my child when there is not enough for him to choose from at a Super Walmart? There is not one thing in this whole wide world that could make me return to that store on Friday. If you are a Black Friday shopper, Good Luck and may the force be with you. I will be digesting turkey and possibly napping.

No comments: