Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Doing my best

So, here we are at day 5 of NaBloPoMo and already I am strumming my fingers wondering what to write about...this is going to be a long month. How many days are in November again? Next time I am going to do this in February.
Should I tell you about how I was late (again) picking up Hollis today? And how this time he really was the last one and there was no one left in car line? You see, I had this little errand I needed to run and really it is right down the road so I had plenty of time, really. Turns out it is a little further down the road than I thought, and they were feeling chatty. So I was late - again. But I assure you, the image of my little three year old boy sitting in the office, holding his big red bag and his feet not even touching the floor while he waited for me is seared into my brain forever. So no, I don't think we need to talk about that.
Instead, I will tell you about all the fun things Hollis is doing this week to assuage my mommy guilt. So far, we have seen Brer Rabbit and Friends at the Center for Puppetry Arts, ate at the Varsity and painted pottery. Tomorrow we are going bowling. See, I AM a good mommy!

1 comment:

Mandee - I Think You Should said...

He'll survive, I promise. My mom once totally forgot me after dance practice. This was in the '80's so there were no cell phones--or even the common practice today of the responsible adult waiting until all the children are handed off. So, there I sat, in the Moultrie ghetto, all by myself as the sun went down.

But I only remember that because I was in the 4th grade. He won't remember a thing.

Why don't you take us back through time and share some funny stories related to being late. You know, if you have any.