Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Strangest Question

I have been asked, on more than one occasion, whether I highlight Hollis's hair. Seriously, are there really people out there coloring three year old's hair? Don't answer that, I don't want to know. This boy won't sit still long enough to hear a 5 minute story, much less double process hair coloring. I will concede that Hollis does have good hair and a lot of it. It is shiny, reflective and golden. The kind of hair that women, myself included, spend hundreds to achieve. I can say this without bragging, because I do not take any kind of credit for it. It's his gift I suppose. I am not using any special color enhancing shampoos or conditioners, just Target brand baby shampoo and Sauve for kids conditioner (gasp! Not Johnson & Johnson? What kind of mother are you? Do you feed him nails for breakfast?). Seriously though, that is the strangest question anyone has ever asked me.

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Hollis does have beautiful hair. Several people have asked me if I roll Elle's hair. Do they think I use a curling iron like I spent years doing to get only a fraction of Elle's curl. Surely they don't think she sits long enough to put sponge curlers in. Anyway, I getcha, girl. Well, your question is a little stranger since Hollis is a boy.

Mandee - I Think You Should said...

What a hoot! That is a beautiful picture.

When my sister and I were in the throes of our swimming careers (mine was much shorter than hers), people would stop us to ask how we got our share so shiny. Chlorine.