Monday, June 23, 2008

Mix it up Mondays

Oh, I know what you are thinking, "She starts a weekly feature then forgets all about us". Au contraire mon frere, I am here for you! Even though we have spent the last two days in a minivan traveling from Tennessee to New York, I am here for you. Before we started our east coast adventure, I made these. I picked them because I am trying to step away from the Fiber One Chocolate and Oats bars. The best thing about these, of course, is that you can make them to suit your tastes. I did 1/2c of mini semi -sweet chocolate chips and 1/2c of peanut butter chips. I also added 2T. of flax seed meal. I did find that they need to be baked longer than the recommended 20 minutes. I actually baked them, let them sit over night and then put them back in for another 5-8 minutes. The first time we tried them we needed a fork, but the second time they had hardened and could be cut and eaten like a bar. I found them to be very filling, although John said they were too heavy for him. Pssh, who cares what he thinks. Try these for breakfast and let me know what you think. Now, I am off to see the sights...

1 comment:

Mandee - I Think You Should said...

Oh no--I didn't e-mail you before you went! I'm sure you've got plenty of activities, so I'll share some restaurant recs

We went to Landmarc in the Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle--very kid-friendly white table cloth restaurant.

Grimaldi's just over the Brooklyn Bridge (on the Brooklyn side) followed by the Brooklyn ice cream factory which is just up the road.

The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. The line is always long, but it's supposed to be worth it.

Otto is Mario Batali's pizza place in the Village and the food will make you want to slap your mama--so eat with care.

Have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear about it. And try this recipe (I'm a fiber one fan as well).

If this comment posts 14 times, I'm sorry. Blogger is giving me grief.